Thursday, November 13, 2008

....Sasha Fierce wants to be Wonder Woman? Sasha...Nooo



I've been seeing a few articles that are speculating that Beyonce wants to play Wonder Woman. My reaction? Hell no.

I mean let's just look at the girl's acting skills on a regular basis. Sure, she has the power to transform into "Sasha Fierce" on stage, but let's not sit and pretend she can pull off Wonder Woman, when she could barely hold her own as Foxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers: Goldmember, and Deena in the Dream Girls.

Linda Carter, the original superheroine, was phenomenal in the tv show. And if Hollywood is trying to break the idea that Wonder Woman doesn't have to be white...well, let's just say, I'm sure there are better people who can play the chick. I mean really? Beyonce? How about Catherine Zeta Jones, Angelina Jolie, Zoe Saldana even?

But see, this brings me to a bigger issue I have with singers and rappers. I'm going to need for all of them to realize that just because they can blow, does not mean that they can act. Nah boo. Nah. See I understand that acting is where the money is because as a singer/rapper, after you divide your money up to who you owe, you pretty much come home with next to nothing.... Especially if you're not really moving units.

But the majority of them...Mariah Carey, Brandy, DMX, Bow Wow.... just fell short. I'll give it to Ice Cube though, he did it.

Maybe she'll break the mold and really go all out when she plays Etta James in Cadillac Records. But Beyonce as Wonder Woman??

What do you think?



No comments: