Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State


According to the Washington Post, there have been murmurings of Hillary Clinton in the running for the Secretary of State spot. Great idea. Although people might not think that the Clinton's name should be anywhere near the White House, I happen to think that this is a wise and strategic decision on Obama's part.

As bitter rival to Obama for the Democratic nomination, she showed her ass, acting a little more than desperate close to the end of the race. So I didn't want her all up under the Big Dog as a VP, but I definitely thought she would be an asset to team. I mean, the woman has come pretty far, I'm sure she could offer up some already good ideas for dealing with foreign policy and diplomacy, and we all know if she got that call at 3 in the morning, she'd be down for the cause.

It's Obama's decision of course, but if that's the course he's taking... I'm all for it. Team Obama is looking bright.

No comments: