Monday, February 2, 2009

Me, Myself, and My Makeup



So I was on the train the other day and I overheard a conversation between two girls (ok so I was eavesdropping, whatever) and one of them just happened to say that she was "too pretty for makeup". I won't get into the conversation but I'm pretty sure she was comparing herself to another girl.

Now...in my head I'm thinking, what does that mean? That girls who wear makeup are insecure? That makeup is a bad thing? Now besides the fact that the chick definitely was NOT umm...should I say a model type... I realized that I hate people who say that!

Not only for that fact that I'm slowly getting into different makeup. But more so because the girls who say that they are too pretty for it, are generally the insecure ones trying to mask their shortcomings by putting other girls down.

I completely understand that you shouldn't look like you have a mask on your face, because ugh, I hate that. But, there's nothing wrong with putting a little powder on your face once in awhile, or highlighting the features that make you beautiful.

A true woman realizes that she doesn't NEED makeup, as her beauty will speak for itself. But personally I just happen to like it, and I like being a woman.

No comments: