Monday, December 8, 2008

808s... A Heartbreak


So as my daily routine at work, I always try to listen to a new (or old) cd every day.

Today's pick? Kanye West's 808s and Heartbreak.

I'm not feelin it. When I first heard that it had a lot of slow songs on it, I figured I would like it. After all, Lil Wayne's album had a lot of nostalgic love type songs on it as well. I usually dig that stuff.

So Kanye's album, adequately with the name Heartbreak in it...I figured would just be a some more of the Kanye's inner child workings, maybe some real stuff about his feelings for his ex's.

But I didn't expect a techno type love fest. I wonder what type of crowd he was catering too this time around? I know there has been a merging of rock and rap recently, but I also didn't expect Kanye to really to all around cater to that type of crowd.

I honestly think "Heartless" and "See you in my Nightmares", his song with Lil Wayne are the best songs on the cd.

It just doesn't work for me.

What do you think?

No comments: